Classic Moments

18 May 2013

Liverpool’s Voice contestant reveals how Danny O’Donoghue gave them a much-needed boost


Danny’s a great coach say artists

SCOUSE Voice contestants today told how Danny O’Donoghue gave them the boost they needed and insisted they have the best coach.

Huyton wedding singer Laura Oakes and Tuebrook musician Paul Carden both won a place on Team Danny.

The pair now need to secure their place in the next round of the competition as the battle stages continue next weekend Saturday, May 25.

But they have already had a big reaction since appearing on the BBC One show.

Laura, 22, said: “I was singing at a wedding when it was on so I had to watch it back, but I got lots of phone calls and texts from my family saying how proud they were and that it went well. “I do solo acoustic gigs too and usually it’s background music, people don’t pay attention, but they were all sat facing me and watching.

“When it finished two Scousers came up to me wanting to have a picture taken with me. “I didn’t think that was going to happen.

Singer Dido was also on hand to help out Danny O’Donoghue in the Voice UK battle rounds. 
 

Paul was also cheered on by his proud mum who he said watched his blind audition back “a million times.”

He said: “I’m quite critical so I watched it back twice.

“I expected my friends to think I was selling out by doing something like that, but everyone was made up.

“I can’t wait to hear what I sounded like in the battle round because it’s bit of a blur.

“Getting on stage on primetime TV is priceless and Danny’s a great coach.

“Out of all the coaches he’s the most hands-on. We’re quite close in age so we’ve got a lot in common, apart from he’s got more money.”

The remaining artists, coached by Danny, Jessie J, Sir Tom Jones and will.i.am, feature in an extended battle show at 7.10pm on May 25.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Please do not cite or copy our content to use on your own site without credits to, and permission of www.dannyodonoghue.net. We are working hard to get what we have..

The Script

The Script